I apologize for being so late on this Monday evening to get to my blog post. I spent the day with my sweet family at the Texas State Fair. We had a wonderful time today reconnecting, visiting and making memories that we will never forget.
Becoming a mother changed me from the inside out. I got my first taste of what it felt to really and truly live for someone other than myself. I had this person that was so completely dependent upon me to love them, care for them and feed them. The responsibility at first seemed overwhelming. Especially when I had my first child. It was very hard those first couple of months and I thought this motherhood thing has got to be the hardest job in the world. About 100% of the moms out there probably agree with me. Although it is difficult, it most assuredly has its benefits. Benefits that rival even the most competitive package one might be offered with a Fortune 500 company, such as:
- random hugs at any given moment
- bedtime snuggles and goodnight kisses
- those sweet moments when your little boy/girl might say to mommy or daddy "Can I marry you when I grow up?"
- Seeing your child succeed the first time at trying something new
- Seeing your child pick themselves back up after failing and working harder to get it right
- sneaking back into their room after bedtime to grab their laundry basket and hearing them pray or read their bible
- those rare moments when your children, whether they are brother/brother, sister/sister, or brother/sister, actually show each other love, rather than a punch on the arm
As God's word says, "